Rolling Stone UK is seeking a Digital Editor to work across multiple platforms.
Working closely with the News Editor and Features Editor, the Digital Editor will ultimately report to the Digital Director.
The Digital Editor oversees the day-to-day workings for Rolling Stone UK’s digital editorial operations alongside all specialist digital projects and commercial obligations. The focus of the role is the planning and execution of traffic-driving editorial moments, including fast-paced news and features coverage, digital covers, video output and event coverage, ensuring Rolling Stone UK continues to publish to a high editorial standard. The role requires someone who is a highly creative yet strategic operator with a deep knowledge of Rolling Stone UK’s core categories (including music, film, tv, culture and politics), and who can help lead the brand’s long-term digital expansion in the UK publishing market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit, commission and occasionally write news, feature and commercial content across Rolling Stone UK,
- Oversee the digital editorial publishing schedule ensuring breaking stories and topical features take priority
- Hit weekly, monthly, and quarterly traffic goals for site, social, and digital products/projects
- Oversee News Editor and a team of freelancers on shift daily, helping with news coverage as and when required
- Oversee the rollout of daily editorial content with social team, working closely with Social Producer to drive social engagement and growth
- Devise and execute advertorial campaigns and revenue-driving formats, working closely with Digital and Commercial Directors
- Formulate long-term digital editorial plans in three, six and 12 month increments with a focus on both audience-growth and brand-building, working closely with Digital Director
- Assist and work with the Editor in Chief and Features Editor on formulating and publishing specialist editorial campaigns, digital covers and the roll-out of monthly print content, ensuring print and digital are working in harmony
- Safeguard and develop RS UK’s digital tone of voice and style guides, ensuring quality of output remains outstanding
- Assist in the development of RS UK’s social and mid-length video and audio output
Skills and Experience
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, digital media or similar
- Exceptional journalistic skills including pitching, commissioning, writing and editing
- Proven experience in a mid-to-senior editor, or a similar operational role, within a fast-paced digital environment
- A strong understanding of the Rolling Stone UK brand with a passion for music, film, tv, pop culture and politics
- An effective communicator with the ability to speak to staff, clients and stakeholders with clarity and confidence
- Excellent team management skills with a proven track record of leading a successful and dynamic team of in-house and freelance journalists
- A data-led, audience-focused mentality with an understanding of analytics tools
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, social team environment
Please send your CV, examples of writing/online portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.