Rolling Stone UK is looking for a Social Media Producer.
Reporting daily to the Digital Editor and Editor in Chief working closely with the print and commercial team to carry out social media campaigns across the brand.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative self-starter with an enthusiasm for social-led storytelling and a broad understanding of the social media and publishing landscape.
You will be adept at bringing copy, images and video together to tell stories via social and have a strong creative vision for each of RS UK’s individual platforms.
You will work collaboratively across the print, digital and commercial teams to ideate, uplift and repurpose new and existing editorial content for a global audience, designed to drive a balance of both growth and engagement.
You will also sometimes assist as a social videographer at shoots and will manage some relationships with influencers, PRs and external high-value social accounts.
- Develop unique and memorable content, formats and series for our social platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Linkedin and Reddit
- Populate weekly and monthly reports on social performance and growth, consistently evaluating and reimagining RS UK’s content in line with audience intelligence
- Repurpose magazine articles for RS UK’s social channels and website
- Build a network of relationships with influencers, talent and PRs to amplify RS UK’s content and stories
- Work with the Sales team to respond to briefs and ideate commercial content, plus help with paid media and social boosting
- Assist the Digital team with RS UK’s direct marketing and newsletter requirements on an ad hoc basis
- Work as part of the Digital Production team to cover Attitude and RS UK events
- Ensure all social content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Commission videographers and editors, including briefing them on creative work for social and digital
- Work with the Digital Editor and News Editor to manage the digital budget
- Respond to Rolling Stone UK’s customers on social media (community management), including in comments and DMs. Flagging any major issues with the Commercial Director.
- You live and breathe social media, which is where you get most of your news, gossip and entertainment
- As well as consuming lots of social media content, you are abreast of new trends, analytics and paid media, as well as new and rising platforms
- You have a keen interest in music, film, TV and pop culture, plus a passion for visual storytelling
- You understand Rolling Stone UK’s digital platforms and the wider digital publishing landscape
- A self-shooter, or willing to learn, with an understanding of how to make the best out of editorial opportunities
- Willingness to work some flexible shifts where required, including some evenings and weekends
Skills and experience
- Experience building social audiences across multiple platforms
- Strong understanding of social performance tools and analytics
- Previous experience in a publisher or magazine environment
- Strong copy-writing ability and experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience using scheduling and social listening tools
- Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro skills
- Adobe After Effects skills
- Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, social team environment
Please send your CV, cover letter and showreel or examples of self-produced video or Instagram and social media content to: email@example.com
Rolling Stone UK is published by Stream, who are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.