Chris Noth has reportedly been removed from the season finale of ‘And Just Like That…’.
The 67-year-old actor’s character, Mr. Big, was killed off in the ‘Sex and the City’ revival’s opening episode last month. In the weeks since, four women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against Noth, dating back to 2002. He has denied the allegations.
Now, a brief appearance in the last of ‘And Just Like That…’s ten episodes has apparently been cut. In a scene shot on location in Paris, Big’s widow Carrie Bradshaw was due to scatter his ashes into the River Seine from the Pont Des Arts bridge, with Noth’s character appearing in a vision as she does so. It has since been decided that the minimal footage he shot is not crucial to the scene, per TVLine.
Using pseudonyms in a report first published on December 16, two women told The Hollywood Reporter that Noth had raped them, detailing incidents from 2004 and 2015 at his homes in Los Angeles and New York City respectively. The pair said that the publicity surrounding Noth and his role in ‘And Just Like That…’ had stirred painful memories and prompted them to go public with their allegations.
A third accuser then came forward, recounting an incident with the actor that occurred in Manhattan in 2010 when she was 18. A fourth woman, Lisa Gentile, made an allegation of sexual assault against Noth just before Christmas. Sarah Jessica Parker, who plays Bradshaw, released a joint statement with co-stars Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon on December 20th, voicing support for the women involved.
“We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences,” the statement read. “We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”
Noth has since been dropped by his agent and removed from the cast of the crime drama series ‘The Equalizer’. In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, he denied the initial allegations. “These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross,” he said in December. “The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”