Skip to main content

Home Music Music News

James Corden ‘apologised profusely’ to NYC restaurant owner after he was banned

Restaurant owner Keith McNally said Corden was "the most abusive customer since my restaurant opened 25 years ago"

By Nick Reilly

James Corden presenting on The Late Late Show With James Corden
(Photo: YouTube).

James Corden’s ban from a New York restaurant has been rescinded, hours after the owner said that the Late Late Show host was no longer welcome at his establishment.

Keith McNally, the proprietor of Manhattan restaurant Balthazar, U-turned on the ban after previously accusing the comedian of “abusive” behaviour towards his staff.

In an Instagram update on Monday night (October 17), he said: “James Corden just called me and apologised profusely. Having f***ed up myself more than most people, I strongly believe in second chances.”

He added: “So if James Corden lets me host his Late Late Show for nine months, I’ll immediately rescind his ban from Balthazar. No, of course not. But anyone magnanimous enough to apologise to a deadbeat layabout like me (and my staff) doesn’t deserve to be banned from anywhere. Especially Balthazar.

“All is forgiven,” McNally said.

McNally had initially claimed that the TV show host had verbally abused his staff after errors with his order, describing him as “the most abusive customer to my Balthazar servers since the restaurant opened 25 years ago”.

He went on to cite two examples, alleging Corden was “extremely nasty” and “began yelling like crazy” at separate waiting staff.

Corden is yet to respond.