The release of Travis Scott’s new Nike trainers has been delayed after the tragedy at his Astroworld festival, which killed 10 people.
Scott was set to release his Cactus Jack Air Max 1 trainers with the brand on December 16, but Nike have now revealed that the release will be pushed back “out of respect for everyone impacted by the tragic events at the Astroworld Festival”.
It has not yet been revealed when the shoes will be released.
The news comes after a nine-year-old boy who was on life support after sustaining serious injuries at Astroworld died at the weekend, becoming the 10th fatality from the festival.
Ezra Blount, from Dallas, Texas was put into a medically induced coma after he was trampled in a crowd crush at the festival earlier this month (November 5).
Blount died on Sunday (December 14) at Texas children’s hospital in Houston, family attorney Ben Crump confirmed.
In a news statement, Crump said: “The Blount family tonight is grieving the incomprehensible loss of their precious young son. This should not have been the outcome of taking their son to a concert, what should have been a joyful celebration. Ezra’s death is absolutely heartbreaking.”
In a complaint filed by festival goer Kristian Paredes, 23, the rappers and show producer are accused of negligence and “inciting the crowd”, as reported by the Daily Mail.
The complaint also states that Drake “came on stage alongside Travis Scott and helped incite the crowd”.
Scott took to his Instagram on November 7 to respond to the tragedy, having already shared a social media statement the day before. “I’m honestly just devastated and I could never imagine anything like this happening,” he said.
“My fans really mean the world to me,” he added. “I always just really want to leave them with a positive experience. Anytime I can make out what’s going on, I stop the show and help them get the help they need.”
It followed an initial statement on social media in which he said he was “absolutely devastated” by the “tragic loss of life” at the concert.
Drake also issued a statement on his Instagram story on November 9. “I’ve spent the past few days trying to wrap my mind around this devastating tragedy,” he said. “I hate resorting to this platform to express an emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself.
“My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering. I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can, May God be with you all.”